The most exclusive areas of Barcelona
One of the richest and most beautiful cities in Europe hosts some of the most luxurious homes around the country
Are you considering investing in luxury homes in Barcelona? Thanks to its great international projection, their enormous cultural heritage and the large number of historical monuments which preserves, the Mediterranean metropolis is one of the richest and most beautiful cities in Europe. Divided into 10 districts and more than 70 neighborhoods, the Catalan capital is one of the most diverse cities in the world, offering endless possibilities for everyone. Here are some of the most luxurious homes around the country. To think of luxury homes in Barcelona, is essential to know the most prestigious neighborhoods throughout the city. Read this article and find out what the most exclusive areas of the city are.
Barcelona, cosmopolitan and global city, incorporates a wide range of cultural, tourist and financial offer that gives great importance. There are many advantages of living in Barcelona; we highlight some of the most important:
- Barcelona has an excellent location. Barcelona is one of the cities of the southern Europe better communicated with the main capitals of the world. Geographically it is located 156 km from the border with France and on the shores of the Mediterranean.
- Barcelona, tourist destination. It has an excellent network of airports, different seaports for large cruisers and sports boats. The city also has an extensive railway network linking it to the whole continent and today is connected with Madrid and Paris by AVE line. All this makes it extremely attractive for tourists, as a meeting point and source of other destinations to the rest of Spain and Europe.
- To live in Barcelona. Cosmopolitan as they come, while Barcelona welcomes tourists, visitors and new citizens from many places and varied origins, it maintains its typical neighborhoods that have preserved very much alive its tradition, culture and history. Newcomers while contributing their own, integrate and share local. The duality between tradition and modernity is a characteristic charm of Barcelona.
- Barcelona, living city. Popular festival par excellence in the city of Barcelona is the Mare de Déu de la Mercè, on 24 September; and a winter holiday is the Santa Eulalia, on 12 February. Not to mention that each of the districts has its own festival with broad popular participation. The streets are filled with color and music. For children, the Catalan capital is a fantastic town full of curious museums, fun water parks and amusement parks. And finally the night life. Barcelona is a lively and vibrant city. Here we have a wide range of clubs, bars, theaters and wonderful terraces where you can enjoy a delicious cocktail and watch the lights of the nightlife.
- Barcelona, City of thousand arts. Walking through the fresh avenues of Barcelona it’s impossible to not run into an artistic work, whether urban, Gothic, Renaissance, kinetic, cubist-style… The truth is that the city is famous for hosting, among others, works by Miró, Gaudí, Gothic quarters, Macba art or street art.
- Barcelona, city of culture. The town is an authentic reference point at international level as far as cultural concerns. Museums, cinemas and theaters combine variety and quality in equal measure. Many visitors to the city are attracted by it, becoming for many of them the definitive reason for stay longer than they planned.
- Barcelona, more profitable than the stock market. For Joan-Galo Macià, CEO of Engel & Völkers Barcelona MMC, the company numbers show the clear interest of the investor by Barcelona. «For experts invest in real estate properties at current prices has become a more interesting than the stock value«, declares. «The profitability will be removed to a rental unit reaches up to 9%; a number that can grow exponentially if it is intended to holiday apartment” he adds.
There are many reasons to invest in luxury homes in Barcelona, but let’s see what the most exclusive areas of the city:
- Sarrià. One of the most prestigious and sophisticated Barcelona districts is, without a doubt, the Sarrià-Sant Gervasi. Located in the northwest area of the city, this district is considered one of the most affluent and beautiful thanks to the contrast of styles that offer their spaces. It is composed of a total of six neighborhoods, one of the most noteworthy being Sarrià. If you are looking for a luxury home in Barcelona here you will find the most sophisticated and exclusive houses.
- Sant Gervasi-Bonanova and Les Tres Torres. Sarrià is not the only wealthy neighborhood that hides Sarrià Sant Gervasi district; Sant Gervasi-Bonanova and Les Tres Torres also constitute two of the most exclusive areas of Barcelona. These sophisticated neighborhoods are a clear example of the contrast of styles as present in the city of Barcelona. In the first one, you have available the luxury homes that coexist in perfect harmony with ancient palaces and summer villas. The second, meanwhile, fits perfectly in the exclusive and accommodated neighborhood prototype.
- Turó Park. In the middle of the town of this district, is one of the most exclusive areas of Barcelona. This spectacular park is one of the most visited attractions in the city for its beauty, lush vegetation and the quality of artistic works that integrate it, as the Ben Plantada of Eloïsa Cerdan.
- Pedralbes. Located in the District of Les Corts, Pedralbes is the residential neighborhood of luxury par excellence. Here is the mansion of the Consulate of the United States of America and the way enjoying the high purchasing power of Barcelona, Pearson Avenue. If you are looking to purchase a home with all kinds of luxuries, located in a quiet area and high prestige, Pedralbes is the neighborhood that best fits those needs. It also has some of the most magical places of the town, as the Gardens of the Royal Palace of Pedralbes.
- Passeig de Gràcia. For lovers of fashion and the most sophisticated brands, Passeig de Gràcia offers all an avenue steeped in the most exclusive shops of the city. However, this is not the only feature that gives this well-known historical exclusive category. And here are two of the most important works of modernist architect Antoni Gaudí, the Casa Milà, better known as La Pedrera, and Casa Batlló.
- Ciutat Vella. This district is home to historic neighborhoods of Barcelona as the Raval, Gothic, the Borne or Barceloneta. Presents a wide range of properties such as renovated lofts, penthouses or rehabilitated from the beginning of the 19th century mansions overlooking the sea, very demanded by international buyers (French, Dutch and Americans), although the Spaniards are also very present.
- Sagrada Familia. It is one of the most popular neighborhoods of the capital not only around the temple of Antoni Gaudi which gives its name but also in the Gaudí Avenue, where the Hospital de la Santa Creu and Sant Pau buildings -declared World Heritage sites by UNESCO- are located. The customer profile is very international with French, Israeli and Dutch head.
- Diagonal Mar. Located on the seafront, this new neighborhood captures the interest of the international buyer of Argentine, Russian and English.
High standing residential sector has registered a spectacular growth in Barcelona, encouraged by foreign investors. Barcelona arouses great interest among international customers, especially the Eixample area. Attracted by their tourist status, foreigners also appreciate interesting prices and the new Ley de Emprendedores (Law of Entrepreneurs), granted the residence permit in Spain to the outside for the purchase of properties that exceed the 500,000 Euros.
Therefore, in addition to domestic buyers, there is a increasingly presence of investors not only from Germany, Italy, France and Britain, but also of Russia and China, seeking a residence to spend holiday periods or to make an excellent investment.